Sunday, August 14, 2011

RH Bill: To commend or refute?


As a believer of Jesus Christ and a devotee of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, I prefer for a long period of time not to comment or make any statement regarding with this very contentious issue which is the RH BILL.

I believe that now is the high time to make a stand and fight what I consider is accurate! I am in favor for RH Bill!

As I can see, there is no destruction if ever RH Bill will be converted into a Law and implemented in our country. As far as my mental power is concern and as what I am aware with this bill – House bill no. 4244 commonly known as the Reproductive Health bill focus its principle to grant the general public specially women the protection and autonomy of choice to choose on what family planning method they are contented with.

I was astonished by the distinguished members of the debating team during the episode of HARAPAN, a television program of ABS-CBN. Both parties safeguarded their side with essential information and evidences that you will be perplexed of which side are you going to award your favor since both teams are no doubt great speakers.

We had also our HARAPAN edition in one of my major subject in English which is the Argumentation and Debate. Our premise states “Resolve that RH Bill is in need to be implemented in the Philippines”; as the team captain of the affirmative side it offers me an eye opener on the advantages that we can get from RH Bill– not to mention the increasing number of maternal mortality due to precarious pregnancies, rising figure of unwanted pregnancies as well as incidents of early teen pregnancies and the mounting victims of HIV/AIDS in our county, isn’t it very alarming to all of us Filipinos?

I am the youngest to be elected as a regular member of the Barangay Council in one of the highest IRA Barangay in Tagum City – the Barangay Visayan Village. Last October of 2010, election time; when we are having our house to house campaign we venture to the remotest area of our Barangay and I personally witnessed an occurrence where a mother while carrying her month old baby doing household chores was being interrupted by her 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter shouting for food to eat. It pains my heart when I saw that occurrence, then I realized that those individuals who belong to average income family are fortunate and ill-fated to those who belong to the below the belt salaried once.

I would like to cite my own view point why RH Bill needs to be approve in the Senate:

  1. As a young adult, I have friends who are already mothers at a very young age, if RH bill has been introduce to the new generation it might that early teen pregnancies can somewhat be avoided.

  1. I also notice that most citizens who are the poorest of the poorest are the one who have been blessed by great number of children; reason for that which I believe is that couple can’t afford to buy contraceptives and consult a gynecologist for family planning to control their pregnancies. I would like to emphasize that sexual intercourse is a basic need for couple.

  1. The appearance of the quack doctors who administered a pregnant mother during giving birth where in fact they don’t have any medical training or degree to conduct such. Most couple would prefer quack doctors because of the cheap fee. RH Bill will address to the predicament of inefficacy of medical staff and employees.

  1. Abortionists became popular nowadays; if only RH Bill has been implemented years back lesser incident of unwanted pregnancies will occur and it means lesser chances of an individual to entrust abortion.

  1. Our population is increasing but our resources is only limited. We badly needed to control our fast-growing population in order for mankind to survive.

We are all entitled to our own opinion as well as our freedom to choose to whom we believe what is right. Let not other people influence your own decision.

In GOD we trust!

No comments: