Saturday, November 5, 2011

Board of Review for Eagle Scout Awards


It is with great honor and pride to be included as one of the panel members of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines – Tagum City Associate Council’s Board of Review for Eagle Scout Awards held just this day, November 5, 2011 at Sangguniang Panlungsod, Tagum City.

I was once an applicant of the most thrilling part of my life which is the Board of Review for Eagle Scout. As far as I can remember when Tagum City is still a part of the BSP – Davao del Norte Council we were gathered at BSP – Davao del Norte Council Office located at the back of the RDR Gymnasium for our final interview. Beforehand, we made a lot of preparations – we undertake a series of training every Saturday together with the other Eagle Scout applicants. We faced a lot of challenges and obstacles along our expedition just to pass the Board of Review. I even got to the point when I was told to quit Boy Scout and just focus on my academics but because of my commitment, determination and goal – I still pursue and continue my journey in the scouting movement and even achieve the Eagle Scout Rank – the highest rank being attained by a boy scout.

It is very overwhelming and self - fulfilling on the day of our awarding. It was held at the Molave Hotel and it was participated by our mentors, distinguished guest and famous personality in our locality. Sctr. Jose Rizal – Pangilinan was the one who pinned as the Eagle Scout medal. I am thankful to our very enthusiastic and energetic adviser Mr. Arnel Cabalan, to the members of the panel during our time, our parents and family for an unending support and guidance and most especially to our Almighty Father for the opportunity he has given unto us.

My warmest and sincerest congratulations to Sctr. Maquiling, Sctr. Cabrera, Sctr. Rosal, Sctr. Dumdum, Sctr. Manguilimotan, Sctr. Cinco, Sctr. Pacamo and Sctr. Calib-og for passing the Board of Review for Eagle Scout!

Soar High, Be Excellent and Mabuhay!

No comments: